Monday, November 7, 2016

A blog post can be a thought or a Meme with reflections by You and Me

Thoughts on the Psalm

We are made with a soul and body.
In order to live and grow, the body must have water.

Our souls must also be fed to grow closer to God.  A plant which grows in the soil must be watered or it will wither and die.

We all long for something greater than ourselves.

In our secular world, we find ourselves longing for the things of the world, especially money and all that money can buy.

Our souls cannot be nourished by worldly things.

Our souls can only be nourished, fed, and watered by God.

The psalmist speaks of the longing for God.  Do I long for God?  How do I satisfy this longing?

The obvious answers are that we put God first in our lives and that we live for God and God alone?

Do I do that?  Do I put God first in my life?

Forgive me, Lord, I do not.  I long for you, but I feel that longing with the wrong things.  
'
I stand aside, and I let the world and all of its temptations take me down.

Lord, I ask for your forgiveness for this.

Let my daily prayer be:

Help me, Lord, God, to make me and my home Christ Centered.  Help us to put You first above all else.  Help us to live for You and with You in our very troubled world.
Teach us to love You above all else.
Amen.

What are your thoughts on these two psalm verses?
I'd love to hear them.

No comments: