Monday, August 22, 2016

Chia Pudding Recipe

You know those seeds that you put on a pottery face at Christmas?
You wet them and smear them on to the pottery.
Those are chia seeds.
I don't use those pottery faces for my chia seeds, but I do make food out of them.

I love Chia Seed Jam.  
I thought I had posted the recipe in a past blog, 
but I can't find it.
So, when I make some chia seed jam again, I will post that recipe.

I also love 
Chia Seed Pudding.

As you can see in the photo, I was able to finish the last bit of pudding, and 
it was delicious, and it was very easy to  make.
There's no cooking involved.
It's a refrigerator pudding.

Here's how you make it.
Depending on how much you want to make, and I usually double this recipe, multiply it times 2.
You won't regret it!

Here's what I used:
1 cup of milk of any kind: cow's milk, soy, almond, etc.
1/4 c cocoa
1/4 c chia seeds
1 teaspoon real vanilla
1/4-1/2 cups chocolate chips
(For this recipe, I used chocolate milk.)
Mix all the ingredients together, stirring gently with a spoon.
When they ingredients are mixed together, put in refrigerator to set.
Before serving, add about 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped nuts of your choice.
Nut allergies, of course, don't use.

Let me know if you like this recipe.  It's a favorite here at home. 

No comments: