Saturday, April 16, 2016

10 Reasons i love Making Hollow Beads

1) There are so many different ways to make hollow beads in every medium in which I have worked.

2) When using polymer clay, hollow beads can be decorated with beautiful canes.

3) When using glass, hollow beads can be decorated in an infinite number of ways using dots, stripes. other colors, etc.

4) Hollow beads can be made small or large.  I love the large hollow beads.

5) No matter the size, hollow beads are much lighter than solid beads the same size.


6) I love to play!  When I make hollow beads, I play.

7) I love a challenge.  It's, literally, taken me years to learn to make hollow beads in both glass and polymer clay.  

8) I'm not a perfectionist.  My hollows are getting better, but they are not perfect yet.  This just makes me want to make more to catch on.

9) Hollow beads are unique in the bead world.  Not every type of bead can be made into a hollow, and that's okay.  I switch from bead to bead.

10) Hollow beads look great in designs. 

What is your favorite type of bead to make?  What is your favorite type of bead to buy?

No comments: