Tuesday, March 22, 2016

If you like Mushrooms, You will like this recipe, I hope, but, remember, I made it up as I went along...

I posted this "recipe" on Facebook.
It's a first try at this for me, especially, since I made it up as we went along.  
Here's the story of the recipe and the "recipe."
 
 I was gifted with a lot of mushrooms this weekend. Today, I put mushrooms soup in the crockpot for supper. I don't have a recipe because I sort of made it up as I went along. 

Here's what I did, though. I used two containers of fresh mushrooms. I chopped them up, and I put them in a fry pan with about 1 T of coconut oil and I browned them. I put the mushrooms in the crockpot set on low since we won't be eating until supper. 
In the same fry pan that I used to brown the mushrooms, I added about 2 Tablespoons of corn starch, enough milk (fat free) to make a sauce, maybe 1 cup? or so....

 I let the sauce thicken.  That happened very quickly.   I poured the sauce into the crockpot and I stirred until smooth. I added about 1 teaspoon of basil, and salt and pepper to taste.   I hope it tastes good.  We'll see what happens next.

If you try this "recipe," and you like it, please let me know.
If you like it and change it, please let me know.  
I love cream of mushroom soup.
 

No comments: