Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sculpture and Polymer Clay

I have a great love for Mary,
the Mother of God.
(Yes, I know that this is not one of my Catholic Blogs.)
It's just that I've been on a journey with polymer clay,
and 
this is part of the evolution.
My faith is beginning to be expressed in my art.

In all honesty, 
I am not sure why I began this particular journey of the 
Madonna.
I just knew it was a path on the journey.
With Christmas coming up,
I wanted to have a 
Madonna
made for my home, 
not as a part of the decorating, but as a permanent part of my decor.

So, it began with the round Madonna on the left.
I have found out that I am 31% native American.  This influenced the Madonna, the woman I call 
"Queen of All Peoples."
Next to her is the woman I call
"Madonna of the Snow."
We got our first real snowfall that day.
She's the only Madonna that is not hold the Child Jesus in her arms.
Next to her is the
"Queen of the Universe."
Directly under her is
"Mama Mary, the Mother of God."
Next to her is 
"The Queen of Refugees."
Those are my Madonnas.
In between, I was still working on this mosaic of Pixie.  She's my first one of 
"The Girl."
Today, I finished framing the Madonnas and Pixie.  I am very happy with the results, 
and,
hopefully,
tomorrow, they will hang in my living room.




Not to be forgotten, here's Pixie's mosaic.  
The lighting wasn't good,
and 
there was a reflection, but you get the idea!
So, until Tomorrow.
Buh-bye!

No comments: