Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Worth Repeating: The End of the Storm

Don't kid yourself.  This is coming soon enough.

As I write this, the winds and snow are beginning to slow down. I am seeing the outdoor lights going on at the neighbors' houses. This is a good sign that they are safe, too.

I'm not sure how much snow is on the ground, but there's a lot, and with the wind, there are a lot of drifts that continue to grow. The light is beginning to fade. Tomorrow, the ravages of the storm will be beautiful. Today, I am grateful that we are warm. We are dry. We are safe.

I pray for all of those who must go out in this storm.

They are those who drive the plows who are battling the roads for us and making sure that we can drive as safely as possible in the morning.

They are the police, the state troopers, those who serve as firemen, paramedics, first responders. They must be out there.

I pray for anyone who must drive the highways, if they can. I pray that they are safe, especially if they are stranded.

I pray that the airports are safe, and that those passengers who are stranded can sleep, at least a little bit, as they wait for flights to resume.

I pray for all those who are homeless, that they have found shelter, warmth, and food in this storm.

I pray for all who are suffering as a result of this storm.

I can hear the snow plows on the roads now. The storm will end before the morning. Maybe, the sun will shine tomorrow. The worst is over now.

No comments: