Monday, August 3, 2015

So, when Life Throws you a Curve Ball, You Will probably get Hit in the Face, but If you Get Up, You Win!!!!

I have neither had the time or the energy to write for the last 3 weeks.
You just can't give what you don't have.

My daughter had her second stem cell transplant.
It's wreaks havoc with everything.

Our focus has been on helping her get through this.
She's coming through it just fine.
The doctors consider her the 
"poster child"
right now 
because her body is right where it should be in the this process.

Today, we had a day off.
Each day she has to go into the clinic.
She's been given fluids each day,
except for one.

Appointments that were scheduled for an hour became
4-5 hours.

We are all tired!!!

Yet, God is good, and He gives you diversions so that when your eyes are open and you are functioning,
you can still praise Him for His kindness to you.


I have been receiving Carla Sonheim's newsletters for years.
She recently offered a series of 6 art classes for kids of all ages.
Of course, I signed up!
In the last two days, I have started to catch up.
This is a fun class to take. 
It's called
It's offered on her site as a free class. 
I highly recommend it.
The projects are easy and inexpensive.
I had most of the supplies on hand.
For the few supplies that I didn't own, I was "forced" to go to Michael's.
Sigh!  She said with a smile on her face!

This has really helped me to relax in the last couple of days.
I am enjoying trying the techniques and stretching them a bit.
My next challenge will be to see if I can recreate some of them in polymer clay.

I'm wearing down now.
Yesterday, my son and I walked 3 miles in the heat of the day.
The walk was gorgeous, and it made me realize,
that if you get hit in the face, if you get up,
You Win!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's a quote for you:

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earheart

Hoffman - You are the most tenacious person I know! You get up, you get going, you get God, and you don't give up. Keep on, keepin' on! You're MY hero kiddo.