Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I got so excited with the package that came in the mail today....

Don't tell anyone!  I'm giving you a sneak peek.  I joined a polymer clay exchange on Facebook.  The object of the exchange is Birdhouses.

Now, I'm not a fan of the type of exchange where you are assigned a partner, and the two of you make the exchange.  I have been burned more times with this type of exchange than I care to tell. 

I don't know why I did it, but I joined. 

I met a very lovely woman who is self taught and has only been claying around for 2 years.  I was impressed.  We exchanged information and proceeded to make our birdhouses.    I only wish the photo did the birdhouse justice

Loretta told me that in the south, gourds make wonderful birdhouses.  She made this big and beautiful birdhouse for me.  I haven't show it yet on Facebook.  The reveal is next month.  I can hardly wait to share it with the others in the group.  I'm not sure how I'm going to string this.  I might just make some "spring type" beads to go on a strand.  Or, I might just leave the birdhouse alone to shine. 

I love it!!!  Thank you, Loretta!!!


No comments: