Monday, September 15, 2014

My Beads in 10,000 years...

Close your eyes and follow along with me.  (Wait!  You might have to open your eyes to read this!)

The setting is 10,000 years in the future.  Where you used to live has been discovered and is beginning to be uncovered in the slow process of a dig.  The archaeologist in charge is inspecting the artifacts that the intern has found.  The intern is slowly brushing away the years of dirt and grime in which these beads were enclosed. 

"Sir, what do you suppose these artifacts were?  They've survived all these years in the ground.  How did they get here?"

The archaeologist took the beads in his hand and held them tenderly. 

"I'm not sure," he said.  Perhaps this was a rendering of the dwelling we have found.  It's odd though.  This race of people were quite advanced for their day."  You'd think this rendering would be more realistic and not so primitive."

"Sir," cried another intern.  Look what I've found.  I believe it was a, I forget the word, toy?  Doll?  A child must have engineered this."

The archaeologist looked at this artifact.  "I wish I knew what this material was.  Back in those days, they had a material called 'plastic?' I think that was the term, but I don't know how a child could have made this artifact."

"I don't think a child made this artifact," said the intern.  "It looks like a child made it.  Perhaps the maker of this, this, doll?, was impaired."


The dig continued on that side of the house.



 The archaeologist began to work in earnest with his students.  He saw a small portion of this structure protruding from the wall of the home?  Both he and the intern dug around the object until the object was free of its encasement.  They gently removed the artifact and began to clean it.  The rain was falling very gently.  This made the object easier to clean.  The colors were still there.  They gently held this object in their hands. 

The intern broke the silence.  "Do you think they cooked in this small pot?"

"Well." said the archaeologist, if they did, they were very small people, but I don't think so.  I am beginning to think that all of these artifacts were made by a single person.  I also think that they were religious artifacts.  I cannot see a single use for them if they were not.  This artist, though, must have been a beginning apprentice."

Well, I wish I had been there to tell them about this art form.  They are prototypes!!!!  Okay!!!  Sheesh!  I'm glad I won't be around in 10,000 years.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I absolutely adore the first beads, the doll is very cute & well, the "pot"...lets just say that the archaeologists of the future are a bit dim!!
Love the train of thought & the story &, along with you, I'm pleased I wont be around to hear what is said of my creations in the future.