Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Here's What My Neighbor Taught Me Today:: 3 Part Pesto (You Finish it Later!)

I seem to be having a bumper crop of basil this year!  
Good thing that I love basil!!
My neighbor, an avid gardener, taught me how to make 
3 Part Pesto Today.

The reason it's called 3 Part is because of the 5 ingredients you use in pesto
(basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese,)
you only use
BASIL
GARLIC
and
OLIVE OIL.

Step 1::

You need a lot of basil to make one batch.
Sandy said that she uses 4 cups.
I just cut a lot of my basil.
You also need garlic.  I used an entire head in this recipe.


I filled my food processor with basil to the top of the bowl.
I also added the garlic and some olive oil!
I don't know how much olive oil I added, I just poured a thin layer on the bottom.

I pulsed the food processor until the basil was finely crushed,
along with the garlic.
 I also added more olive oil and salt.
 
 
When everything was finely ground, I put the 
3 Part Pesto
into an ice cube tray.  
I filled all the squares in the tray.
 
My 3 part pesto is now in the freezer.
I'll take it out of the cubes tomorrow and put the pesto in a plastic bag. 
It will be delicious when the snow falls and I'm making spaghetti or beef stew.
I'm only saying this now because 
I love pesto!
I can hardly wait for the first snow fall.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

Yum! I love pesto! We have a local family that makes pesto and it is the only one that I buy. I make a quick Pesto Shrimp recipe that has only 4 ingredients and whips up in the time it takes to boil the pasta. And we love it on a pizza crust with 6 cheese Italian as an appetizer or meatless dinner! You are making me hungry. And I think I know what I want for dinner now! Enjoy the day. Erin