Monday, June 2, 2014

How I Learned to make Face Cane using Polymer Clay

This cane did not turn out as well as I had hope, 
but polymer clay is very forgiving, and with a little manipulation,
the cane will be better.
Last year, I purchased a tutorial from 
Layl McDill on Etsy.
You can find the tutorial
So, I've been practicing and having fun making cane.

Here's what I do.

I prepare the "skin" clay.

I make the cheek cane.

I make the eye cane.

Here's the lip cane.

Let's put everything together.
Eyes first.

Throw in the cheeks and the rest of the face.

Add those lips.

Fill in the rest of the face.
(Sort of looks like a zombie, right?)

I've started to reduce the cane.  This is one end.  Looks like nothing now, right?

I made a cut.  It's not exactly what I hoped for, but it can be saved.

Add some hair and reshape, and it's better.  I might even add more "skin" later.
It's fun!

No comments: