Monday, August 26, 2013

Easy Peasy Polymer Clay Worry Stone Tutorial

Are you a worrier?
Do you know someone who is?
Would you like to use up your scrap clay?
This easy peasy tutorial will show you how to do this.

You will need two contrasting lumps of scrap polymer clay.

Make sure that you condition the clay.

Mix the two colors together with your hands.
You want to leave a contrast between the two colors.

I finished mixing when I could still the colors.
I also felt I had enough to make two worry stones out of this mix so I broke the lump of clay into two pieces.

Roll into two balls then flatten with the palm of your hand.
Each flattened piece should be about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
I used sandpaper to try to give more texture to this piece.
I have to admit that doing this did not actually add more texture to the worry stone.

Add a thumb print to the center.

Bake the worry stone for about 30-45 minutes according to manufacturer's directions.

Let cool!
You have a worry stone!

No comments: